Update by Import
Importing allows you to edit your organization’s user data using Excel or CSV files. In a single operation, you can add, edit, remove and delete accounts. You can also edit users’ roles and their access to Antidote Web.
If an email address or account ID is already linked to a user in the organization, the newly imported data will replace the data previously saved in the organization’s Client Portal.
When updating the file’s data, take care not to change the headers: the system uses the name of each column to determine the type of content in its cells. You can still change the order of the columns. Here is some information about modifying each column.
Note — For any personal accounts included in the list, the only changes applied will be those made to the following columns: Role, Antidote Web and Remove?.
- Account ID (optional) — This field must consist of alphanumeric characters. To delete an account ID, enter “none” in the cell.
- First Name — This field must consist of alphanumeric characters (50 maximum).
- Last Name — This field must consist of alphanumeric characters (50 maximum).
- Email — This field must consist of alphanumeric characters (100 maximum) in the format of a valid email address.
- Antidote Web — This field uses specific values to modify access to Antidote Web. Only one value per user can be used.
Modification Value to enter Grant access to Antidote Web — English english Grant access to Antidote Web — French french Grant access to Antidote Web — Bilingual bilingual Remove current access none
If the cell is left empty or contains an invalid value, no modifications will be made to existing access.
- Language — This field is used to set the language of correspondence for new users who haven’t created an account yet. To set a language, use the value “en” for English or “fr” for French. The default language corresponds to the language chosen by the person responsible for the organization.
- Role — This field is used to specify or edit which of the three roles a user is assigned. Use one of the following values: “administrator”, “technician” or “user”. If the cell is left empty, the default value “user” will be assigned.
- Remove? — Enter “yes” to remove the organization’s account. This operation will not delete the account. Leave the cell empty or enter “no” to avoid changing anything.
- Delete? — Enter “yes” to delete the account. Organizational accounts will be completely deleted. This operation is irreversible. Personal accounts will simply be removed from the organization. Leave the cell empty or enter “no” to avoid changing anything.
Do you need to perform a bulk reassignment or removal of access to Antidote Web?
This might be the case if you wish to reduce the number of users with access when renewing the organization’s subscription. Or, in the case of an educational institution, student access may need to be updated when a new semester gets underway. See this three-step procedure for a simple way of performing this operation.