The Settings tab allows you to register an organization’s domain name and to customize the visual appearance of the Organization section.
An organization can create organization accounts, which only it controls, by registering all the domain names and subdomains used in its email addresses with Druide.
The domain or subdomain in an email address is the part that comes after the “@” symbol.
Example — Employee email addresses at Celtix Tech usually follow the firstname.lastname@example.org format. The domain that needs to be registered with Druide is celtixtech.com. The company also uses the subdomains service.celtixtech.com and it.celtixtech.com in certain email addresses (for example, email@example.com). These two subdomains also need to be registered with Druide.
Registering a domain name
If you are an organization’s administrator or technician, you can add a domain name by following the steps below:
- Open the Settings tab in your organization’s Client Portal (A).
- Select Domain names from the list of sections (B).
- Click on Add… (C).
- Enter the domain name, include the subdomain, if necessary, and then click Save.
The instructions for verifying the domain name will then appear on the screen.
Step 1 — Access your DNS records
- Log into your domain host account.
- You can access your domain’s DNS records on a page that is usually called either DNS Management, Name Server Management, Control Panel or Advanced Settings.
- Select the option to add a record.
Step 2 — Register the verification code
- Choose to add a TXT record.
- In the Name/Host/Alias field, enter @ or leave it empty. Your host may ask you to enter your domain in this field. If need be, consult your other DNS records to see what you need to enter in the field.
- In the TTL (Time-to-Live) value field, enter 86400 or leave the default value.
- In the Value/Answer/Destination field, paste the code that appears in the field.
- Save the record. If you are shown a warning message about changing your DNS settings, you can ignore it. A new TXT record does not affect your website or your DNS settings.
Once you have completed these steps, click Validate.
Note — If you can’t find the location of your DNS records, contact your website’s hosting provider.
Every domain name has an actions button, consisting of three vertical dots (D), that allows you to Edit or Delete a domain name. The domain name will need to be verified again after you modify it.
You can customize your organization’s Client Portal with your logo or an accent colour.
Add a Logo
- In the Settings tab (A), select Visual appearance (E) from the list of sections.
- Click the Edit button beside Logo. (F).
- Drag and drop the logo in the dashed-line box or click on the box to search your files. The file needs to be in JPEG or PNG format and should not exceed 2 MB in size.
- Click Save; the logo will then appear in the header.
To remove the logo, click on the X in the corner of the box, then click Save.
Change the accent colour
- Click the Edit button beside Accent colour (G).
- Choose a colour from the colour chart or enter the HEX code in the field with the # symbol.
- Click Save to apply the new colour.
To reset the accent colour, click Reset, then click Save.